About the event
Investing in African Mining Indaba is solely dedicated to the successful capitalisation and development of mining interests in Africa. Also known as Mining Indaba. Succeeding for over 27 years, Mining Indaba has a unique and widening perspective of the African mining industry, bringing together visionaries and innovators from across the spectrum. Due to the current pandemic, it was decided to cancel the live event and replace it with Mining Indaba Virtual.
Showcase was commissioned to create all film and video content for the two-day event, including filming all speakers who were all remote dial-in, however on each day there were live speakers. A host to be live on a digital backdrop was requested via the use of green screen technology.
- Video production for up to eight speakers at any one time
- Filming in Showcase’s COVID safe live green screen studio
- All graphics and lower 1/3’s run live from the control room
- 2 x technicians, autocue & floor manager to deliver event
- Creation of custom virtual studio with various renderings for different content scenarios
- Streaming to client’s own 3rd party platform
Showcase delivered all technical production to their usual high standards, coordinating the film and production seamlessly all which followed COVID safe protocols, these included rapid testing ahead of each event day. The event was managed and run from Showcase’s Live Studio and Safe Rooms at St. Ermin’s Hotel, so providing the client with the safety and professionalism demanded by such a key industry event.
Client feedback was extremely positive, not only in terms of actual production but also the management of the project within a COVID safe environment. The client was impressed and reassured by the Live Stream and Studio environment during these restricted times.